Thursday, January 17, 2013

Governor's~ A Hidden Gem!

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a hidden gem looking for an assortment of knobs to display on a dresser for the March/April issue of R.Home Magazine...

I have found myself talking about it a lot lately and had quite a few people ask about it after I posted these pics of Doaky bear hanging out around the grounds. And trust me there is a lot of ground to cover.

So here you go!

Governor's Antiques & Architectural Materials!

This video say it all... Jeff Thomas, vice president, was so welcoming and pretty much showed me every nook and cranny of the enormous space inside and out. Not only did I find a "gazillion" knobs but he lent us a vintage dresser to display them on for the photo shoot as well!

It was awesome... I love this place!







Doak's new bud.
The knobs/ pulls/ hardware goes on for days at this place...










And when I headed outside and noticed these beauties... I almost died!
 I love everything about these rusty vintage headboards. They are absolutely stunning! 




And, last but not least, my favorite aisle of the entire place. The vintage claw-foot tubs!

I was blown away with ideas for beautiful modern lofts and homes and amazing photo shoot opportunities. 

Once again, I love this place!

I'll be posting what we ended up using from Governor's in March when the magazine comes out!
The best part... Doak's in it!!! : )


Much love,

Melis



No comments: