Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thrift Store Finds around the house~

I haven't been able to keep up with "Thrift Store Thursdays" due to the holidays and a ton of design work. BUT, yesterday I had time to check out 1/2 price Wednesday (on furniture and clothes only) to see what I was missing...
The furniture selection was weak however the accessories (not 1/2 price) were great! This collection of accessories may look pretty dull here but I will show where I put them in our house to make sense out of my purchases.

Total: $17

I loved the black chest I placed everything on at the store but it was $20 and I have no where to put it... really cool though!

I'm a huge fan of bottles, especially with a natural cork stopper. They are everywhere in my home, everyone at my wedding got one with sand and a message inside, I don't what it is, I just think they are beautiful. The bottle standing can be used for anything. The melted down bottle could be used as a little cheese tray while serving wine perhaps?!

Tall bottle: $1.99
Melted bottle tray: $1.99
I'm not much of a baker BUT I love to make cookies, cupcakes, and brownies (even if the mix is from a box). This is a great stand to stack any dessert not just cake.

$3.99

There are so many uses for Mason jars... gotta love them!

.99 Cents Each 
Derek always drinks tea so this was an awesome find! I love the shiny chrome and the black modern shaped handle. Tea pots can get expensive in stores. I got it for a steal for...

 $4.99!


Whisk. Just a little something I didn't have and needed.

.99 Cents

These are the types of accessories I hate spending money on... they are always around $15-$20.
Well I got this little stainless steal guy for a buc.

.99 Cents

It goes perfect with the other metal accents in the room like these shower curtain rings... 

and this awesome mirror given to us by the Sheets'. It may have been a thrift find as well but I'm not sure. I am sure I love it!


EXISTING THRIFT FINDS  
This was actually an antique store find but at a thrift store price.

$12 

I got these at two different thrift stores. They are great for salads and I can keep them out because they go with our decor. I leave them above the refrigerator.

Flat round bowl with small salad bowls: $4
Round bowl with wood salad spoon and fork: $3

Love these little guys for vinegar and oil. 

$1 Each

Here is a everything sitting out together (only for the photo, of course). These are perfect little additions to the kitchen and will be great for entertaining. 

This natural woven chest works perfect as an end table that hold all of our photo albums as well as storage inside.

$12

I got these lamps awhile ago and changed out the shades for clean shaped barrels. I'm a huge fan of white lamp bases... I have them in every room!

$7 Each 

This was an awesome find... It's the IKEA POANG Chair. When you add up the chair, ottoman, and cushions for both it cost $196.

I got it for $30!

The cushions were red and not my thing so I went to target and got these orange cushions on clearance. I couldn't believe they fit so well. Love it!

Also, the two ottomans in the photo I recovered were from Thrift Stores. 

See details: Otto Obsession

Every time I hit up a thrift store I end up with a new bottle!
So pretty!

See Details: Glass Vessels

Prices vary: $1-$3 Each

One of my favorite finds considering I'm a toss pillow junkie... 
Seen here, haha: Pillow Obsession

99 Cents!

There are definitely more items scattered throughout our house that are thrift finds... but these are some of my favs! 



I know thrift stores are usually dark and unorganized but if you take a good look around and imagine the items in your own space it changes everything! 


Try it! 


Have a good one!

Melis


No comments: