Friday, August 22, 2014

DIY Wood Plank Headboard~Rowan's Nursery

This DIY headboard could not have been any easier and was so inexpensive!
It was the perfect way to complete Rowan's Nursery.


So many ideas went through my head when looking at this bare wall. I needed to create something myself because the "daybed" is actually a full bed pushed up against the wall and not a standard size that could be purchased.




Photo 1 & 2: I always loved the look of the reclaimed wood headboard or walls but wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to actually installing them to the wall.

Photo 3 & 4: And while the thrifty idea of pallets sounded like a great idea I didn't have the extra space to waste behind the bed. 

Sooooo,
I went with this Highbury Oak Laminate from Floor & Decor.
It is $34.15 for a box of 10 planks. I needed 9 so it was perfect.

*The color has a gray undertone which gives it a reclaimed look. 


I placed them above the base moulding and lined them up.
 I put a small piece of double sided tape on the top of each plank and done.
It took me ten minutes tops! 


The thin planks were key for this space. The nursery was a guest room before Rowan's arrival and we wanted to keep the bed in the room for late nights with the babe or extra sleeping space for guests. 


Anthro Compare
The Hidalgo Bed from Anthropologie has a similar look ranging from $1,999.95-$2,998.00!
I'll stick with my $35 vertical plank version. ; )


We love it... 

Have a good one!

Much love,
 Melissa 

No comments: