Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jewelry Finds and Storage Beyond a Box


Wish Tree Jewelry Holder
ANTHROPOLOGIE $78

My Jewelry Tree
T.J. MAX $12
  
I had been looking for something to hang my jewelry from since I have a ton. (This is only half)
I don't like the idea of a jewelry box because I can't see it laid out in front of me to just grab, put on, and go... so this was perfect.

plus, I love the bird details in the photos below.


It may look crowded but these are my most used pieces, at the moment, and it is super easy for me to grab what I want and put back when I'm done.

Necklace-Thrift store (Morgantown, WV) find $6
Ring-Antique store (Pittsburgh, PA) find $18

Large cuff-Consignment store (Rumors in Richmond, VA)
Silver cuff-Antique store (Morgantown, WV)

Other ways to save on jewelry and have it mean something... MAKE IT!
My mom and her friends made this gorgeous multi-stand beaded necklace for my birthday during our wedding week in OBX. 

Antique gold cuffs. LOVE.

LARGE earring... only thing I wear. Perfect accessory to a simple outfit. 

Scrying Ring
ANTHROPOLOGIE $48

The ring from Anthro looks very similar to the one on the far right I bought at an antique store for $18. 

 note: Most of my jewelry has meaning or holds a great memory. I bought this ring over Christmas in Pittsburgh while shopping with my siter-in-law, Karen. She bought a gorgeous mother of pearl ring as well... then we headed out for Mexican! 

The "beat up" silver band was bought in Morgantown, WV while I was in college. Morgantown had some of the best thrift/antique stores. Messy and overcrowded... just the way I like it!  

The mother of pearl was from the Outer Banks where my family vacationed every year plus my mom bought it for me. 

And the "spoon" ring was purchased at the Street Market in Charleston, SC. I used to live there and it reminds me of my Interior Design internship, heading to the charming city and best of all hanging out at the beaches!

BUT the most memorable ring of all is my wedding ring...
I found these cool shell cases, at Pier 1 for $2, to put them in when we are not wearing them. Makes sense since Der proposed on the beach and we were married on the beach. 





side note:


I plan on adding wire mesh to the back of these two frames that I got at an antique store to hang my earrings. It will be a great way to organize them and will look so cute in my bathroom!


Have a good one!
Melis




No comments: