Thursday, May 17, 2012

2012 RSOL Designer House!



I was so excited to find out this week that I was selected to be one of the designers for the 2012 Richmond Symphony Designer House.
A ton of designers presented last month for only 19 spaces available to design. Extra presentation days were added and the voting process went two weeks longer than expected so, needless to say, I was very anxious!
The house was built in 1910 as a summer house for the Laird Family. 

It became the Laird's full time home in 1912.

Green Room
This is the room I am going to design! There are only 5 bedrooms in this house. I presented 3 rooms that could be used for a guest/study.

I know... I have my work cut out for me but that will make it that much more fun to reveal! 

Green Room 
Although the house is from 1910 that will not stop me from adding in modern design accents that I love. 
LaDifference International Furnishings is sponsoring me so I won't have any problem with that... they are the best!   

This space was not an option but I fell in love. A narrow set of stairs led me to this nook. 

Ladder detail in the space.

This aqua/turquoise color showed up in multiple places throughout the house. I absolutely love it, as seen in the next 6 pics... 














This grand two-story entryway is going to be so exciting to see evolve. Design work starts in the beginning of August and the home will be open to the public in Sept! Next week there is a party for the designers to meet and revisit the space. Can't wait to meet everyone and congratulate them on this great opportunity!



Side note: 


Doak and I made our way down to LaDiff yesterday and the place looks amazing! Beautiful colors everywhere, gorgeous new furniture lines around ever corner and of course awesome people that work there. They are having a Spring Clearance Sale starting this weekend... check it out!
Clearly Doak digs LaDiff furniture too!



Have a good one!

Melis
 











2 comments:

The Gillefonds said...

Congratulations Melissa! Great accomplishment!

Melissa Martin Molitor said...

Thanks, Amanda! Had the designer meet and greet today... excited to get started!