Thursday, July 5, 2012

Designer House Bookcase~ Thrift finds!

Paris Loft Open Bookcase - Contemporary living room display case

The Paris Loft Bookshelf from LaDifference is what I will be using for the RSOL Designer House
I am designing a study so I want to make sure the bookshelf is a definite focal point. Therefore the books must look clean on the shelves and not take away from the piece. 

"Luscious Creams"
I was going to use all white books up against the taupe walls from a website called, "Books by the Foot..." 


Basic Book Bundle
Until I saw these bundled books with the exposed binds!
I love the look and thought it could be an easy project for me to do myself.

So I did...

My box of thrift store books!

While I was picking the books that I would be tearing apart to create the look, I was feeling a bit guilty for ruining them. So I made sure that they were outdated and wouldn't be of use in 2012 like this research book from 1997.

The simple beauty of the exposed bind!

Wrapped with a light natural colored twine.

Their backsides are looking pretty cute too.  : )

Love the exposed binds. I think it will create a unique, clean and natural look! And the best part... for super cheap!





I will be adding other books that match the colors that I have selected for the room.

Study Vignette
I needed to start the project early because I thought they would look great in photos for a Richmond Magazine article. These are some of the fabrics I may be using in the study as well. The metal antelope head is my favorite accessory that will also be adding in the space.

I'm excited to get started on the room in August for the opening in September!

Have a good one!
Melis

No comments: