Friday, December 7, 2012

House Project #5~Rolling Cart

Last week I posted about the wallpaper accent that didn't quite fit the entire wall. I needed a solution to hide the area where the paper had been cut off and something that I could store some things that had been building up in my guest/Der's computer room/craft room on the 2nd floor.

and that's when I found this adorable little rolling cart/console/shelf thingy! 

THRIFT FIND: $30


The only problem... it was blue.

The blue color clearly does not work in my office but I really liked the natural wood edges.  

So instead of using my go to, Rustoleum, spray paint make over I opted for contact paper. I thought if I used this sticky paper the I could just cut the surfaces to size rather than taping the edges off and worrying about the spray paint leaking through and well... I just thought I would give it a shot!
 

After placing the paper onto the surfaces I took a razor to the excess paper... went way smoother than I thought!

Here she is! 

It is the perfect height to cover the missing wallpaper... see below.
Oh heavens!

Now to fill it will left over fabrics and some things that had been collected from the Designer House.
 


Perfect little drawer to hold all of my paint fans and swatches.

I was given this pear box from Johnna filled with a bunch of goodies as a mother's day gift. It couldn't be more perfect to hold my collection of  beautifully colored travel books from all over the world. 

Metal vingette

and I ended up having to stash my record collection, that was originally in our family room, in my office due to a 18 month old who is into EVERYTHING... and uses them as a frisbee!

Heading to VA Beach today to finish up some details for my Greenwich Village Project... Love driving only an hour and a half to check out the ocean!

Have a good one!

Melis






No comments: